A simple memory device/mnemonic to remember the clinical features of Cushing’s syndrome is MOON FACIES.
Memory device for Cushings
- Menstrual disorders
- Osteopenia or Osteoporosis
- Obesity (Central distribution of fat)
- Neurosis (depression or psychosis)
- Face (Plethora, hirsutism, acne)
- Altered muscle physiology (proximal muscle weakness)
- Supra-Clavicular and Dorso-Cervical fat pads.
- Elevated blood pressure
- Skin (Easy bruisability)
Manni, A., Quarde, A. (2020). Pituitary Gland Signs. In: Endocrine Pathophysiology. Springer, Cham.
This was first published on May 22, 2020 and Last Updated on March 16, 2023 by MyEndoConsult